Welcome To The Show

Welcome To The Show
This is not a dream is it??

Monday, June 6, 2011

When will I be a grown up?

So.. God love her.. my Mother is on facebook..which sorta filters what I say and what I would like to say.  After my Month of Sundays blog (which I posted on facebook and she read) I got to hear a mini sermon on how Jesus wants us to be in fellowship..how small churches provide that more adaquatly but you can get it via community groups in larger churches...blah blah blah.  Was it rude I told her I was looking through a cookbook while she was giving the lecture.  Well I am almost 35 years old and I get that your Mom will always be trying to teach, but at this point in life having grown up with Jesus...I feel quite confidant that if I haven't picked up the "rules" of christianity...I'm either not gonna get it or I don't feel like conforming anymore.  I mean we're all doing this "Thing called life" together and we just gotta do what works for us and our personality when it comes lovin Jesus.  I guess I'm at a point in life where I've tried all the extremes.  From living the way I wanted and doing what my flesh wanted from holy roller>not extreme there but very rigid in that catagory. And when you stay there for long then you deem your self judge in the game of life.  I mean why can't we love God love our neighbors and let our "community" be right where we are in life?  Hear me say this: I'm not we shouldn't go to church, but I don't think it should be a place where we just go get our Jesus card punched.  

Now. Having said all that..I've gotta get back to the cookbook it's day 9 of not eating meat..and I'm feeling great!  So lets keep the party goin~

No comments:

Post a Comment