Welcome To The Show

Welcome To The Show
This is not a dream is it??

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Taco Tuesday.. is still cool

 
 
You may OR MAYBE NOT be wondering how you can still have your Taco Tuesdays without processed foods.  Fear no more!  OK so this is how WE do it at my house. (Or how I do it ...last I checked I didn't have a private chef;) 
 
A while back I started buying ground turkey and started using it instead of hamburger meat.  One thing I love about turkey is you don't have to drain it!! My crew likes "soft" tacos so I buy tortillas at Whole Foods (no enriched bleached crap)..I recently bought the spinach ones and since it was around Easter I said they were these COOL NEW "Easter" colored tortillas so my picky 6 year old would at least TRY them!  She never knew the difference. Ok I digress. So turkey, good tortillas..check...now I usually serve shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro, lettuce, and whatever else I think they'll put on their tacos, and let them make their own. BUT what about the seasoning??   I have a recipe for that!  I found it so long ago I don't know who to credit it with but I "think" maybe it was Rachael Ray?  I also don't go by the whole recipe because my kids think its too "spicy" so after I give you the whole recipe for taco seasoning I will give you my tweaked version of it.  By the way, my teeny tiny picky 6 year old who if I were to make a taco with hamburger meat will NOT eat it and  only will eat cheese. lettuce and sour cream on a tortilla..but will eat TWO of my tweaked turkey tacos!!  Here goes:
 
Taco Seasoning:
1 Tbsp Chili powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Crushed Red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
 
NOW...here is my "tweaked" version
1/2 tsp garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp SMOKED paprika (it kicks regular paprika's ass)
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1tsp Sea Salt
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment